love.


Today I've got love, life, happiness, family, sun, fun and hawaii on the brain.

Not sure if it's the winding down days of summer or the fact that we're nearing September - the month, last year, that literally changed my life for the better - or that it's the 22nd today (more details on that significant number in a short while) but whatever it is, I'm excited for life.

Life has taken so many crazy turns in the past year.  And, seriously, a year ago if you had told me that I would be so happy and carefree this time next year, I would have told you, you were crazy.  It's just that at that moment, life would have had to have turned a complete 180 in order for me to feel like I was living again.  I was so, so unhappy with everything that was happening in my life this time last year.  I seriously felt like my life was literally unraveling before my eyes.  I was having a hard time grasping onto something to get back on track. 

It wasn't until October of last year that I suddenly began to feel me again.  I began to feel that life was good.  That I had a purpose for living.  And that purpose was in the form of two human beings.  I never knew that you could love so fast and so hard for a set of humans (and by set of humans, I mean that special man and his son).  They have been the best thing for me and the best thing that has ever happened to me.  

It's funny how life just feels better when there's love all around.  It doesn't matter if there are troubling times, frustrating moments, or times that seem rough.  Because, well, that's life.  But when there's love, then all those tough times, seem worth it.

We should really just do all things with love. Because, well, life's just better that way.

We're going to Hawaii in October - me, him, his son, and our families - and you know what, we're going to spend two weeks celebrating life.  Celebrating love.  Celebrating family.  Because, really, all those things are the best.

I'm so very, VERY excited for October and Hawaii and life in generally that I could just burst.  But I won't, cause that wouldn't be good.  But, seriously, can somebody please tell me how I got so lucky?!

xo, Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment