Pregnancy update - week 19.

How far along?: 19 weeks - I do these a week behind so as you read this, I'm actually 20 weeks - which means I'm officially half way there!

Baby is the size of: Mango or heirloom tomato

Maternity Clothes?: Oh yeah!  I've been loving my new maternity wardrobe I got last week!

Symptoms: Some back pain, pelvic pain and a couple of days after work I noticed my feet were a little swollen. Lots of odd pains in my lower tummy - feeling sort of like a stitch you get from running.  I also can get bad heartburn/indigestion - especially when I eat citrus foods

Sleep: Some crazy, vivid dreams and because of those I haven't been having the most restful of sleeps.

Worst moment this week: I had a scary couple of days in the middle of the week.  I woke up in the middle of the night to quite severe pains in my lower abdomen.  It bothered me most of the night and was still there in the morning.  I went to work as normal but was extremely uncomfortable and the pain only got progressively worse as the morning wore on - I'm talking quite severe/extreme pain.  When your pregnant, you can't help but fear the worst - immediately.  Anyway, long story short after a trip to my maternity clinic and then my GP's office I was put on antibiotics for a bladder and/or kidney infection.  I felt pretty rough for a good 4 days - as the pain only got progressively worse in my back before I started to feel better.  Thankfully I'm back to normal now and am feeling great!  I really hope I don't experience another scary incident as it was no fun worrying so heavily about the baby's safety - in saying that though, I guess as a parent you constantly have a worries so I guess those worries are only beginning!

Best moment this week: Hearing the baby's heartbeat after some scary severe abdominal pain.

Have you told family and friends yet?: Yes - close family and friends

Miss anything?: Not much I can think of - I'm mostly craving what I can actually eat.  Except for maybe citrus foods.  I'm trying to stay away from those due to the heartburn/indigestion that comes with it.  I love a good 7Up or lemon water!

Movement: Not much yet - but every now and again I'll feel a little flutter.

Food cravings: Still chocolate ice cream and strawberries, granny smith apples, Subway, Ruffles all dressed chips, cranberry juice

Anything make you queasy or sick?: Still the thought of my husband's stew and butter chicken

Have you started to show? Definitely!

Gender prediction: Still a girl!

Belly button in or out?: In.

Wedding rings on or off?: On.

Happy or moody most of the time?: With my infection (and worrying about the baby) my emotions were a bit on a roller coaster this week.  But I definitely had some good happy moments as well!

Looking forward to: Our 20 week ultrasound next week, finding out the gender and our party with our families to reveal the gender - so fun!

 





 xo, Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment